Dyfference Makers Academy
The Academy is a set of online course modules aimed for those struggling readers who would otherwise not have the financial means or time to receive one-on-one tutoring services.
Our Academy course work is inspired by the Orton-Gillingham approach. By using this direct, explicit, and multi-sensory way to teach literacy, all struggling readers, especially those with dyslexia, are afforded equal opportunity in learning how to read.“
What you get with your subscription:
- Lesson modules focused on multi-sensory literacy instruction This includes: Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Fluency, Vocabulary and Comprehension.
- Supplemental activities that support each lesson
- A parent/teacher guide and videos for support
- Kits are available to purchase for multi sensory lessons
- Weekly live Q&As in our private Facebook group
- A community of other like-minded individuals for you to connect with, walk alongside and support one other
Dyfference Makers is for everyone!
Unlike most other programs, students enrolled with Dyfference Makers do NOT need a diagnosis.
Our program works for any student struggling in literacy and is a great addition to other tutoring or interventions the student may be receiving. Our modules are designed to bridge the gap in instruction and understanding between parents, teachers*, tutors, etc. and what a child truly needs in order to be a successful, growing reader.
*While one of our goals is to train teachers in the Science of Reading, this Academy is not for the purpose of training teachers.
We believe all children have the right to learn and thrive, regardless of financial status. That’s why we offer scholarships for our academy.
If you have a struggling reader and are in need of financial support, we would love to connect with you.